Monday, August 13, 2012

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Yes, yes, I am indeed talking about Deborah Lippmann's Yellow Brick Road.  It arrived in the mail today and I could not wait to do a glitter jelly sandwich with this sheer little yellow number! This was one polish that I decided that I had to have after seeing it on somebody else's blog.

Now, I'm kind of regretting not sandwiching Rainbow Connection in between the layers instead of Nicole by OPI's Make U Smile.  Of course, Make U Smile is still pretty, being shiny silver glitter and all!

I must say, it looks pretty good!  I used two coats of Yellow Brick Road to start (did I mention how sheer it is? It's PERFECT for glitter jelly sandwich manis!), a coat of Make U Smile, another YBR, another Make U Smile, and then one final YBR.  Then I topped it with Seche Vite, which I also got in the mail today.

I didn't really need the top coat, but it helped it dry faster, given I used 6 layers of polish, not including my base coat.

On to the pictures!












No comments:

Post a Comment